Cryptocurrency Market News Digest 01.03.2021–07.03.2021
We’re continuing our tradition: every week UCoin will be publishing a short weekly cryptocurrency market news digest for you to stay informed on the latest trends. In this edition, we look at what happened 01 through 07 March.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey with the help of a digital platform called Valuables has put up his very first tweet from 2006 for sale. It says “just setting up my twitter”. Bids started coming in, even TRON creator, Justin Sun, has bid $2,000,000 for the tweet.
- Ethereum upgrade EIP-1559 is scheduled to be implemented in July despite opposition from miners. It makes the currency a deflationary asset with gas fees either burnt or deposited into a long-term mining pool.
- Ripple will be testing a special version of its public ledger designed specifically for central bank digital currencies (CBDC).
- The NBA’s “Dallas Mavericks” will soon accept DOGE as payment for tickets, services, and merchandise.
- Chinese Hurun research institute has put together a top list of crypto billionaires. First place went to Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong ($11.5B) second — FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried ($10B), and Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao ($8B) got in third place.
Of course, there was more news last week, so if we missed an important story, feel free to let us know in the comments, and we will be happy to discuss it with you!
To buy UCoin, you can connect to our Ubis Platform on ubisplatform.com/